I also LOVE this lime chicken marinade. I think I might be using it in other dishes as well. It would go perfectly with any Mexican food recipe honestly. I mean what's not to love about lime?
Zesty Lime Chicken Nachos
Adapted from Diethood
1 or 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied if thick
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lime, zested
2 limes, juiced
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. garlic, minced
6 small flour tortillas cut into triangle wedges
cooking spray and kosher salt
1-2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
optional toppings: diced avocado, corn, queso fresco, sour cream, salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large Ziploc bag, combine lime juice, lime zest, sugar and garlic. Salt and pepper chicken on both sides and place in the Ziploc bag. Marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
3. Cut the flour tortillas into triangle wedges and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Spray the flour tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake tortilla chips for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Remove tortilla chips from oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased dish or pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Remove chicken from oven and shred with two forks. Set aside.
8. Top prepared tortilla chips with shredded cheese, shredded chicken and beans. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and ingredients have heated through. (Watch closely so they do not burn.)
9. Remove from oven and place tomatoes and cilantro on top of prepared nachos. Serve immediately with other toppings if desired.