Sesame Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
8 oz. rice noodles or linguine
2 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 large chicken breast, thinly-sliced
salt and pepper
2/3 cup shredded carrots
1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly-sliced
8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 batch stir-fry sauce (see below)
sesame seeds for topping, optional
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1. Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN NOODLE STIR-FRY:
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season evenly with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the chicken, stirring and flipping occasionally, until it is just cooked through and no longer pink on the inside (about 3-5 minutes). Transfer chicken with a slotted spoon to a separate plate and set aside.
3. Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the sauté pan and increase heat to high. Add carrots, bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes or until they reach your desired level of softness.
4. Add in the sauce, cooked chicken, noodles and immediately stir to combine. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through. Remove from heat and serve immediately, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.