Skinny Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from The Food Charlatan
Yields: 16 cookies
1 cup quick oats
3/4 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
scant 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark or milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
Pull out 2 medium bowls, one for dry ingredients, one for wet.
2. In one bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Melt the butter in the other bowl. You don't have to melt it all the way, if there are a couple lumps it's okay. Let cool slightly.
4. Whisk in the vanilla, then the egg. Whisk in the honey.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together (don't overdo it).
6. Fold chocolate chips into the dough.
7. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
8. Using a cookie scoop, scoop 16 balls of dough onto prepared pans about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-13 minutes or until they have just started to brown on the edges.
10. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.