This chicken and rice has changed my life you guys. Like, I will never be the same. Not only is the marinade on the chicken AMAZING, but the coconut rice is fantastic. There is so much flavor in this dish that you won't know what hit you!
I love that you not only soak the chicken in the marinade, but you use the marinade as a sauce, too. I think what makes it so different is the sweetness of it, which is perfect. It pairs so well with the coconut rice, too. In other words, you need to make this ASAP!
Adapted from Bite of Delight
2 large chicken breasts, butterfly if thick
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. olive oil
zest of 1 lime
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. honey
dash of cayenne
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 cup coconut milk
lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
2 cups white rice
1 can coconut cream* (or coconut milk)
2 1/4 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag or medium mixing bowl. Add chicken, making sure to coat with marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. When ready to cook chicken, start the rice. Add all rice ingredients to a large saucepan (or rice cooker). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat, for 15 minutes.
3. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place and cook chicken breasts 3-5 minutes per side until no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (Be careful not to overcook.)
5. Remove chicken from pan and thinly slice. Serve over coconut rice and top with cilantro and lime juice.
*You can find this at Trader Joe’s.