This soup is hearty, healthy and tastes amazing. It was so easy to throw together and is absolutely perfect on a cold, winter day. In other words, I really need to make this again ASAP.
Easy Tuscan Vegetable Soup
Adapted from The Wanderlust Kitchen
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 small sweet potato, diced
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 (14 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juices
1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. white sugar
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and sweet potato. Sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme and rosemary. Cook 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring the contents to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and add the chopped spinach. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks of beans and vegetables for texture.
5. Add the salt, pepper, sugar, and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve topped with Parmesan and a side of crusty bread.