Lemon Cream Pancakes
Slightly Adapted from Dessert for Two
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
zest of one lemon
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, melted butter, egg and lemon zest.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and whisk until no streaks of flour remain, but do not whisk the lumps out.
4. Let the batter rest while you preheat a greased griddle to 350 degrees F.
5. Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, portion out pancakes slowly. To get a perfect circle, do not move the cup around the pan; pour in one continuous motion.
6. Cook the pancakes on the first side until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and finish cooking.
7. Serve with butter and maple syrup.