Buttermilk Banana Pancakes
Slightly Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
1 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
3 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, melted butter, honey, vanilla and mashed bananas.
3. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
4. Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone.
5. Serve pancakes with sliced bananas, butter and maple syrup, if desired.