These pancakes are fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth and downright heavenly. Be sure to pour on plenty of syrup and top with berries of some kind for good measure.
Sour Cream Pancakes
Source: A Bountiful Kitchen
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1. Combine all wet ingredients in a medium size bowl. Mix with whisk until blended.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix once with a large spoon or whisk, do not overmix, mix just until the ingredients are incorporated, there should be a few lumps in the batter.
3. Heat the griddle to about 350 degrees. Melt butter onto griddle.
Using a 1/3-cup measure, scoop out batter and spread a bit with the edge of the cup. The pancake should be approximately 4-5 inches across.
4. Let the pancake cook until several bubbles appear and then pop. Turn the pancake gently, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes on opposite side. Do not pat down. Do not flip more than once.
5. The pancake is done when poked gently in the middle and the cake springs back.