these and now these pretzel nachos. I came up with the idea and just couldn't help myself.
I've always been obsessed with chocolate/caramel covered pretzel rods sold at specialty candy shops, but the price is definitely something I'm not obsessed with. So enter homemade pretzel nachos.
What's better than chocolate and pretzels people? Not much if you ask me.
60-80 pretzel twists (only a small part of a bag of pretzels)
10 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
1/2 tsp. water
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/8 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Spread pretzel twists evenly onto a large plate and make a second layer on top.
2. Place caramels in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 tsp. water and microwave for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir and drizzle over pretzels.
3. *Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and drizzle over pretzels.
4. Repeat step 3 with the white chocolate chips. Be careful not to overcook.
5. Let sit until chocolate has hardened and enjoy!
*A double broiler works best to melt chocolate, but the microwave will also work if done correctly.