Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls
Source: Our Best Bites
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3-4 cups flour, use more if necessary
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup real butter, no substitutes
1 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Bread Seasoning
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. To make dough, combine yeast, water and sugar in a large mixing bowl and allow to stand for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Add salt, vegetable oil and egg yolk and combine. Add 3 cups of flour and mix well until combined. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that barely sticks to your finger. Knead either by hand or in a mixer for 2-3 minutes. Cover bowel with a clean towel and allow to rise 1 hour.
2. While the dough is rising, combine butter and garlic bread seasoning. Set aside.
3. When the dough has risen, roll the dough into an 18 x 6-inch rectangle on a work surface lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or sprinkled with flour. Smear garlic butter over the entire surface of the dough and then sprinkle with cheese.
4. Roll up the dough jelly-roll style and then use dental floss to cut it into 12 equal slices. Place each slice in a muffin tin cup that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with a clean cloth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and allow rolls to rise while the oven is heating.
5. When the oven is ready, bake for 18-22 minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on these during the last 10 minutes or so--once you notice the cheese getting brown, place a sheet of aluminum foil over the rolls (you won't need to press it down; just lay it on the top). This will keep the cheese from burning. Although it will get pretty brown on top, the insides with still be perfectly melted.