1/2 cup butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour and salt until well mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
2. On sheet of plastic wrap, pat dough into small rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to roll. (Or freeze dough for 30 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
4. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 15" by 12" rectangle. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over dough.
5. Starting from a long side, tightly roll rectangle jelly-roll fashion. Brush last 1/2-inch of dough with water to help seal edge. Cut log crosswise in half. Slide logs onto cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice. (Or freeze dough for 45 minutes.)
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove 1 log from freezer; with serrated knife, cut log crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place cookies, 1/2-inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
7. Bake cookies 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining log. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 3 days, or in freezer up to 3 months.