So when I was browsing through Tastespotting the other day, I came upon this lovely recipe. These cupcakes looked so perfect that I just had to try them. Fortunately, I was invited to a bridal shower so I had a reason to make them. The good thing was they were really easy. Love it when things are easy.
Surprise in the bottom!
1 Devil's Food cake mix
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons Oreo cookies, finely crushed
15 Oreos for the top of each cupcake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Twist Oreos in half and set aside the extra cookies for later. Place the side with cream filling in the bottom of each cupcake liner, cream-side facing up.
2. Prepare cake mix as instructed.
3. Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until cupcakes are set and firm to the touch. Allow to cool in pans 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
4. For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in the cookie crumbs with a spatula.
7. Scoop the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe on top of the cupcakes. Garnish with Oreo cookies.