One word of advice for quiche...It doesn't make a good leftover so try to eat it the same day you make it. Reheated cooked egg is just not ok. End of story.
1 pkg. (15 oz.) refrigerated 9” pie crust dough
10 slices bacon
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cups milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, 2 cups
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Fit 1 sheet pie crush dough into each of 2 (9”) metal pie pans; flute edges.
2. Prick bottoms with fork; freeze until firm, 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until crisp, 6-8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet.
4. Over medium-high heat cook onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg until softened, 4-5 minutes; remove from heat.
5. Beat eggs with milk; stir in cheese. Toss broccoli with flour. Place pans on baking sheet.
6. Reserve 2 slices bacon; coarsely chop remaining bacon. Divide chopped bacon, broccoli and onion mixture between crusts; pour egg mixture into crusts. Bake 40 minutes or until set and golden. Cool 15 minutes. Crumble with remaining bacon. Before serving top quiches with parsley and bacon.
7. To freeze, cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and foil. To reheat frozen quiche, thaw in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove foil and plastic wrap. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.