If you need a lighter dish to start the new year that is PACKED with veggies and flavor, this is the dish for you!
Roasted Thai Veggie Bowls
Adapted from The Wanderlust Kitchen
1 1/2 cups packed cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
1-2 lbs. vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used 8 oz. mushrooms, yellow squash and a red pepper)
1. Place the cilantro, garlic, soy sauce, water, pepper, sweet chili sauce in the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse to form a paste. With the processor running, pour the oil through the lid spout in a slow stream. Use a spatula to scrape the marinade out of the processor and pour it over the vegetables. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spread vegetables on a baking sheet into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
8 oz. rice noodles
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. While vegetables are roasting, cook the noodles according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the boiling water before draining the noodles.
3. Return the noodles to the pot and set the heat to medium. Pour the prepared sauce mixture into the pot along with the reserved water. Toss well and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce clings to the noodles. Transfer to individual bowls and top with roasted vegetables.