Baking with eggnog makes everything SO moist and amazing. Even if you're not an eggnog fan, you will still love these cookies. They are perfectly crisp on the outside with a chewy, soft center. They are to-die for!
So if you have any leftover eggnog, be sure to whip up a batch of these cookies. It takes no time at all and your family will love them!
Adapted from Let’s Dish Recipes
Makes 24 cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. egg (crack egg, whisk and measure)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup eggnog
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the eggnog. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky. (If needed, place in freezer for 10 minutes so it’s easier to work with.)
5. Mix together 3 Tbsp. sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into rounded balls then roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just set and starting to crack. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.