Since it's already loaded with so much sweetness, I suggest serving it with some fresh berries for a little bit of tart.
Be sure to save this recipe and make it this holiday season!
Creme Brûlée French Toast
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp. corn syrup
8-10 (1 in. thick) slices French bread
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup orange juice
1/8 tsp. salt
orange zest for garnish
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and cook until sugar has dissolved. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange slices of the French bread in a single layer on top of the sugar mixture.
2. In a medium bowl, add the eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, orange juice and salt. Whisk until combined. Pour the mixture evenly over bread slices. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes.*
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and take the baking dish out of the fridge to come to room temperature as your oven heats up.
4. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately flip the dish upside-down onto a serving plate. Garnish with orange zest and serve.
* You can double the egg mixture and let it soak overnight if needed.