Shredded Chicken Enfrijoladas
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
1 batch Chipotle Black Bean Sauce (see below)
6-8 flour tortillas
2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Toppings: queso fresco, avocado, red onion, lime, juice, sour cream, etc.
Chipotle Black Bean Sauce
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, or more if you want it spicier
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1/4 cup diced white onion
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Taste and season with extra salt if needed.
TO PREPARE THE ENFRIJOLADAS
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread 1/2 cup of the prepared black bean sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13-inch greased baking dish. Set aside.
3. Lay one tortilla at a time on a plate and fill with 2 Tbsp. or so of shredded chicken. Top with 1-2 Tbsp. of cheese, roll it up and place seam-side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken and cheese.
4. Pour the rest of the black bean sauce evenly over rolled tortillas and spread with pastry brush if needed. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over top.
5. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with cilantro and your favorite toppings.