Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from Rebekah Nixon
Makes 16 muffins
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. each of nutmeg, allspice and pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 16 silicone or paper muffin liners in 2 muffin pans. Set aside.
2. With a hand-held or in a stand mixer, beat together eggs, sugars and vanilla until well combined .
3. Add in the pumpkin puree and oil. Beat until combined.
4. Next add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until combined. Pour in chocolate chips and gently mix in.
5. Using a muffin scoop, spoon batter into muffin liners so they are 2/3 full.
6. Bake 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.