snickerdoodles, but the cinnamon and white chocolate chips embedded in the dough take this snickerdoodle to a whole new level!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Yields: About 24 cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup cinnamon chips (I use Hershey's)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
For Cinnamon-Sugar Topping
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium-large bowl, stir flour and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugars in an electric stand mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and then vanilla extract. Reduce speed; gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in cinnamon and white chocolate chips.
4. Chill cookie dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The dough will be sticky, but if it’s too sticky to handle chill longer in fridge.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Once dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to scoop dough, roll into a ball and roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until edges JUST begin to turn golden. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.