Thai Red Curry Chicken with Vegetables
Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. chicken breasts sliced into 1/4-inch slices then 2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. red curry paste
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
4 tsp. garlic, minced
1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 sweet chili sauce
4 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
cilantro and lime juice for garnish
2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large nonstick pan. Add chicken and red curry paste and cook just until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, ginger and garlic to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
3. Add half of the coconut milk. Mix remaining coconut milk with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to skillet along with all remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables reach desired tenderness.
5. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice and serve over rice.