Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
Slightly Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Makes 2 (12”) pizzas or 1 baking sheet size pizza
1 cup warm water
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. instant yeast
1 tsp. salt
2-3 cups flour
1. In a large bowl or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix the water, honey, oil, yeast and salt. Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. (The exact flour amount will vary so go by the touch and feel of the dough versus the exact cup measurements in the recipe. The dough should be soft and smooth and not leave a residue on your fingers.)
2. Knead the dough 2-3 minutes (more like 5-6 minutes if kneading by hand).
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly grease pizza pan(s) and set aside.
4. Let the dough rest, covered, 10 minutes. Shape the dough into pizza(s) and spread with sauce and toppings.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes until crust is golden brown.