Overall, you need to make this cake even if it's no one's birthday. Your whole family will be sure to love it!
Cinnamon Roll Cake
Adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cinnamon Filling:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
For the Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
4-5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
3. Add milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
4. Slowly add the 1/2 cup melted butter and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour and spread the batter in the prepared pan. Set aside.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup softened butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar, flour and cinnamon and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
7. Spread the filling over the cake batter, leaving at least 1-inch of space from the edge of the pan. Swirl gently with a off-set icing spatula or a rubber spatula.
8. Bake the cake for 28 to 32 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the cake (not the filling) comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes. Sift powdered sugar over a medium-sized bowl. Add vanilla and milk and whisk together until smooth and drizzling consistency. Pour and spread over cake.
*Keeps covered in room temperature for up to 3 days.