I am huge fan of sliders and I love this Italian version. We served these for family at our boys' birthday party a couple weeks ago and they were a hit.
I mean just look at that gooey cheese! How can you resist them?
Hot Italian Sliders
Adapted from Lemons for Lulu
12 dinner rolls
2 Tbsp. mayo
1 tsp. garlic, minced
12 slices deli ham
24 slices pepperoni
6 slices provolone, cut in half
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Slice the whole loaf of rolls in half horizontally, keeping them connected and place the bottom halves in the pan.
3. In a bowl, combine mayo and garlic. Spread mayo over the bottom half of the rolls. Layer 1 slice of ham, 2 pepperoni slices and a half slice of provolone over each roll.
4. In a separate small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and onion powder. Drizzle dressing mixture on the inside of the top buns before placing them over the meat mixture.
5. Brush melted butter over the tops of the sandwiches and bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden and the cheese begins to melt.