Fruity Pebbles Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Beyond Frosting
Makes 24 large cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
1. Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
2. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium-low speed until well combined and dough forms.
4. Mix in Fruity Pebbles cereal with a spatula so they do not get crushed.
5. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes, but the longer the better.
6. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Use a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp.) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.