forloveof.food. They paired so well together! I'm drooling just thinking about this meal!
Creamy Tortellini Soup
Adapted from Diethood
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Tbsp. onion flakes
1/4 cup flour
6 cups chicken broth
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini (or frozen)
2 cups half & half
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
dried parsley and shredded parmesan, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Stir in the carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and onion flakes and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour until it's evenly coating the veggies and cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
2. Gradually add the chicken broth and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the tortellini and half & half and continue simmering for 4-5 minutes or until the tortellini is al dente.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve immediately and sprinkle each serving with dried parsley and parmesan.