I've found you the perfect Valentine's Day dessert for the whole family and also the perfect dessert to remind you of warmer days...this Fresh Strawberry Lemon Pie.
I seriously fell in love with this pie because it was perfectly sweet, a little tangy and so addicting. My husband and I finished it off in less than 2 days and I didn't feel guilty one bit. ;)
This pie is so easy to throw together and has the best result. I love the bright red for Valentine's Day and think it would make the perfect holiday treat.
Don't miss out on this one! It's a keeper.
Fresh Strawberry Lemon Pie
Adapted from Let’s Dish Recipes
1 prepared pie crust (I used a Kroger one)
2 lbs. fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. lemon zest, divided
whipped cream, optional
1. To prepare the glaze, combine 1 1/2 cups of the strawberries and the water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Cool for 10 minutes without stirring.
4. In a large bowl, combine the remaining strawberries and the glaze, tossing gently to coat strawberries. Transfer the strawberry mixture to the prepared pie crust.
5. Chill pie for 1-2 hours, or until set. Before serving, garnish with remaining lemon zest. Top with whipped cream if desired.