Anyway, I absolutely love this muffin recipe because you get to choose how healthy they are and can adjust flavors/add-ins as you please!
My boys loved these and I loved that they were actually eating something healthy. And a few chocolate chips never hurt anybody, right? ;)
Super Oatmeal Muffins
Adapted from And Then We Saved
Yields: 12 muffins
1 cup milk
1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1 egg (or 1/4 cup of mashed banana)
1/4 cup oil (or 1/4 cup oil)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine milk and oats. Soak for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture.
4. In a third bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.