Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
Slightly Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
2 cups flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs
zest & juice of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp. zest, 3 Tbsp. juice)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Microwave butter until melted. Set aside to slightly cool. (You do not want it piping hot.)
2. In a large bowl, toss the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds together until combined. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk the yogurt, milk, butter, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine it all. (The batter will be thick.)
5. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the sides, about 1 minute. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Coat griddle/skillet again with cooking spray or butter for each pancake or batch of pancakes.
6. Keep pancakes warm in a preheated 200°F oven until all pancakes are cooked. Serve pancakes immediately with toppings of choice.