Since I've only made freezer jam once in my life, I'm no pro, but I knew it wouldn't be too hard. I am always surprised at how many strawberries and sugar it takes to make so little jam, but I'd say it's definitely worth it.
Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam
Adapted from A Bountiful Kitchen (Sure Jell Pectin Recipe)
Makes 3 Pints
2 cups crushed fresh strawberries (about 2 pints) *Crush using food masher, blender or food processor-Make sure not to puree too much so there are still little chunks of strawberries
4 cups sugar
1 (1.75 oz.) package Sure Jell 100% Natural Premium Fruit Pectin
3/4 cup cold water
3 pint Mason jars
1. Mix crushed strawberries with sugar, and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, stir the pectin into the cold water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Stir the pectin/water mixture into the strawberries. Mix well until sugar is completely dissolved about 3 minutes.
4. Ladle or funnel the jam into clean jars or other plastic containers leaving about 1/2-inch space at the top. Wipe edges of jars with a damp cloth to remove any spilled jam.
6. Screw the jar lids on tightly and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
7. Place into freezer and store frozen up to a year or in the fridge for three weeks.
*Don’t be tempted to double the batch because the results will not be the same. You’ll need to make an entire different batch to yield more jam.