Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Slightly Adapted from Cooking Classy
Makes 2 Dozen
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups quick oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 + 1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana. Be sure to measure.)
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon for 20 seconds, set aside.
3. Mash bananas together with lemon juice. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together banana, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
4. With mixer on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold or mix in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2-inches) and drop onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheets spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes (they should still be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.