Pantry Friendly 30-Minute Chicken Curry with Red Peppers
Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. curry paste (sold at most grocery stores in the Asian food section)
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into 1/8” slices against the grain
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can quality coconut milk
1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/8 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet. Add curry paste and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add sliced chicken and cook just until chicken is no longer pink. Add red peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
3. Add 3/4 of the can of coconut milk. Whisk cornstarch into remaining 1/4 can of coconut milk then add to skillet.
4. Stir in sugar, lime juice, thyme and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes then add cilantro and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Garnish with additional cilantro or lime juice if desired and serve over rice.