And they were AMAZING! The funny thing is I've never actually made peppermint bark, but apparently I love the flavor after making this Chex mix.
Peppermint Bark Cake Mix Cookies
Recipe for Cookie Dough Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
1 box chocolate cake mix (Pillsbury Devil’s Food)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips
3-4 oz. white baking chips or almond bark, melted
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy (about 2.5 oz.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula. It will take a bit of elbow grease to get it all combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls using a cookie scoop and place on a parchment paper or silicone baking mat-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for another 10 minutes after removing from the oven before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
5. Use a fork to drizzle melted white chips over cookies. Sprinkle peppermint candy over cookies and let sit for 5 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.