December 1, 2015
My Favorite Things: A Holiday Gift Guide 2015
Christmas will be here before you know it and this is a great list of products that I love with a few added "wants" at the end. I hope you enjoy this list and can get some good gift ideas for your loved one or even some for yourself!
1. OXO Good Grips Mini Angled Measuring Cup - I use this ALL the time to measure small amounts of liquid. It measures tablespoons and also has up to a 1/4-cup measure mark on the side. I LOVE this thing.
2. Prepworks 3-Piece Collapsible Colander Set - I had to replace my beloved collapsible colander after over 5 years of use a few months ago and found these babies. These are perfect for storing and I love that I now have 3 different sizes. You'd be surprised how much fits in the smallest one, too.
3. Microplane Premium Zester/Grater - I've tried a couple of Microplane graters and this is my favorite. I love the size of the blade because you feel safer using it since it's so skinny. It's perfect to zest citrus fruits, shave chocolate, cheese, etc.
4. Nordic Ware Popcorn Popper - I'm pretty sure I'm the reason my local Target keeps these in stock because I buy these as gifts for everyone I know. This is a microwave popper and and requires NO OIL. Yep. None. And you'll never eat nasty microwaved "butter" popcorn ever again. All you need is 1/3 cup of kernels, about 3 min. 30 seconds to 4 minutes of popping time and it's done. Add some butter and salt if desired and you've got yourself an awesome snack!
1. The Wet Brush - I'm sure a lot of you have heard how great these are for detangling little girl's hair, but I have one and LOVE it. I have the snarliest hair after it gets wet and this thing saves my head. It honestly doesn't hurt at all while you brush. It's amazing. They have a new naturals line and this one in Dark Wood is so fun.
2. Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish - I love a good nail polish, but I'm not about spending a ton of money on one little bottle. Try this one though and you've got yourself a winner! It stays on so much longer than other nail polish and is only $5. Target's website has the best selection of colors I've found.
3. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - So before you go ahead and paint your nails with the polish listed above, you have got to buy this top coat!! I've never raved about something so much in my life. THIS is what makes the gel envy nail polish last so long. It makes your polish dry so fast and even smooths out tiny smudges. The stuff stinks, but it's worth the smell!
4. Almay Intense i-Color Volumizing Mascara - I have sensitive eyes so I love that Almay has hypoallergenic products. This mascara is one I tried earlier this year and I love it. It really does make my eyelashes stand out without any itch.
1. Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan - I'm sure you've heard of this one by now since Jim's second book, "Food a Love Story" has already come out (which is also hilarious), but if you haven't you need to read it. I seriously cried tears I was laughing so hard at times. It probably is funnier since I have kids, but Jim Gaffigan is Jim Gaffigan and I'm sure he'd get anyone to laugh eventually.
2. Q&A 5-Year Journal - I have almost filled out mine with about a year to go, but it really is fun to fill out. It's perfect for anyone that needs a little prompt to write about your day. Or if you're like me, you just want another kind of journal. It's very pretty and a would make a great gift.
3. Every Day: A 5-Year Memory Book - This is basically the same as the Q&A journal except without the prompts. I like the idea of keeping my journal-keeping simple, but focusing on every day events. Plus it has the cutest design and the page edges are the prettiest teal!!
4. Puffin Classic Hardcover Books - These are a little harder to find individually now, but similar products keep coming out. These books and designs are timeless and will always be a favorite of mine. Now to read them one day! ;)
1. Rosie Roost Custom House Portraits - This cute shop is run by a good friend of mine and her 2 sisters. They just started up this year and I was one of their first customers. My friend painted my home and it is one of my favorite things I own. She does a fantastic job, is affordable (the best price you'll find) and you'll love it forever. Check out their shop to see their other fun products as well!
2. People Who Love to Eat Dish Towel by Tasty Yummies - This is one of my favorite quotes that I knew I needed hanging in my kitchen. And while I had a hard time finding a print, this dish towel is much better. I posted a couple of years ago about how I hung it on my kitchen wall here. I'm so glad they're still selling it because the design is perfect.
3. 2016 Floral Calendar by Lisa Rupp - I may be a little biased with this one since it's my sister's shop, but her work is undeniable. This is one of my favorite prints of hers to date and I'll definitely be using it way past 2016. She also sells prints, dish towels and other calendars on her Etsy. Be sure to check her out!
4. Louis Armstrong Told Us So Print by Bianca Green - I got this print last year and it's still one of my favorites. I love the patterns and all of her work is great. It's something fun to add some color and design to your wall.
1. Irin Skye Jewelry - I ordered a necklace from this shop last Christmas that has my boys' initials and their birthstone. It's definitely my favorite necklace. I've had my eye on the one pictured above forever that would be just for me so hopefully one day I'll finally buy it.
2. Kitchen Keepsake Diary by Lily and Val - This cookbook is brand new and is the prettiest one you'll ever see. You write in the recipes yourself and it has the prettiest chalk-lettering designs throughout the book. It is beautiful and would be the perfect gift!
3. Our Best Bites Olive Oil Co. - I'm sure you've heard of Our Best Bites food blog, it's one of the best, but did you know they sell artisan olive oils that are infused with flavors such as lime, blood orange and even bacon?? I have yet to try them, but they are on my want list for sure.
4. Rifle Paper Co. In Bloom Book Collection - Of course I'm obsessed with anything Anna Bond does, but these books are my favorite. She just came out with a special edition book of "Alice in Wonderland" and it has amazing illustrations throughout. One day!
Well that's everything for now and good luck with the gift giving!
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.