a shot from the night they were made. Pretty yummy, huh?
You're welcome. :)
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 Rolls
Slightly Adapted from Chef in Training
1 Tbsp. yeast
3/4 cup eggnog
1/3 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup eggnog
1. Warm eggnog in microwave for one minute. Add yeast and stir slightly, set aside to proof. (You want to see bubbles form on top.)
2. In a large stand mixer, place sugar, butter, salt, and egg and mix with the paddle attachment until well combined. Add eggnog/yeast mixture and blend on low speed til combined. Change to the dough hook and add the flour in a cup at a time until dough takes its shape. Mix well. Dough should be only slightly sticky.
3. Spray a medium-sized mixing bowl with cooking spray and place dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to double in bulk in a warm room, about 2-3 hours, and then dump onto a flat working surface, slightly covered in flour.
4. While dough is rising, combine all filling ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 370 degrees F. Knead dough for about one minute until smooth. Roll dough into a 10" x 14" rectangle. Spread filling over dough to cover the entire surface. Roll dough lengthwise to make a long log. Cut into 12 slices using dental floss and place in a 9x13-inch greased baking dish.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
7. Whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl and pour over warm rolls.