Well here's one of those recipes that may or may not be good to know because the result is too addicting. But I'm sharing it anyway because it's Christmas time and that's what we do, right?
I thought that Saltine Toffee has been around for years and years, but from what I've heard it's a new concept. I'll never really know why it has sounded so appealing to me, it must be the sweet and salty mix, but I'm glad I finally tried it.
This is another simple, yet incredibly delicious treat that is a great crowd pleaser. I don't think anyone will be able to resist a saltine cracker with gooey caramel and melty chocolate spread on top.
Not only is this delicious, it is so easy to make, too! Another great neighbor gift right here!
Easy Saltine Toffee
Adapted from All Recipes
48 saltine crackers
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange saltines salt-side down in a single layer.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with sprinkles, nuts, etc.
5. Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.