Adapted from Chef-In-Training
Makes 4-6 Servings
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped carrots
3 Tbsp. butter
2 cups chopped and peeled potatoes, cut into small bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
salt and pepper
6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1. In a large sauce melt butter and sauté onions and carrots until tender. Add potatoes and chicken broth. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Add half-and-half and cook another 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the Asiago cheese.
4. With an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with bacon and more Asiago cheese.