Spiced Bacon and Cheese Oven Fries with BBQ Fry Sauce
Adapted from Our Best Bites
2 large russet potatoes, washed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1-2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix spices in a medium-sized bowl. Pour in olive oil and combine well.
3. Cut each potato into wedges/fries. (I usually get about 50-70 small fries out of each potato.)
4. Add potato wedges into seasoning/oil bowl and toss until coated.
5. Pour wedges into a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese on bacon. Turn your oven to broil and broil fries until cheese is melted. Be sure to watch carefully so fries don’t burn. (It should take about a minute depending on your oven.)
8. Serve warm and dip in bbq fry sauce.
BBQ Fry Sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce (I would pick a sweet one)
1/4 cup mayo
1. Combine bbq sauce and mayo in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
*This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. Store up to 2 weeks in the fridge.