Tortilla cups are so simple and fun to throw together and would make a great appetizer or meal.
Now, don't you just want to take a bite?
Easy Six-Layer Taco Cups
Adapted from Averie Cooks
Makes 12 Cups
3 flour tortillas, cut into fourths
1/2 cup cooked white rice
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Cumin, for sprinkling
About 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream, for garnishing
Salsa, for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a non-stick 12-cup regular muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Press a tortilla fourth down into each cup. (The edges will stick up or you can trim them.)
3. Add 1 Tbsp. of rice to each tortilla and top with 1 Tbsp. of beans. Sprinkle each cup with a generous pinch of cumin. Top each taco cup with 1-2 Tbsp. of cheddar cheese.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and tortilla shells are lightly golden brown around the edges.
5. Garnish each cup with sour cream, salsa and cilantro as desired. Serve immediately.