Oh man I don't even know where to begin with these!! I LOVE the recipe I have for taquitos, they've always been a winner, but THESE taquitos?? I think they win. By far.
Such a different flavor and vibe to them, but I love the addition of BBQ sauce. And a sweet salsa. It makes them so much more interesting. They are creamy, flavorful and addicting!
Top these bad boys off with some sour cream, extra fruit salsa and cilantro and you've got yourself one of your best meals yet! But seriously, they're that good! And did I mention how easy they are to throw together? Yummy taquitos for the win!
Creamy BBQ Fruit Salsa Chicken Taquitos
2 cups shredded cooked chicken (About 1-2 chicken breasts)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
7-10 small flour tortillas
cooking spray or olive oil
BBQ Fruit Salsa Sauce
1/2 cup sweet BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup fruit salsa (peach, mango, pineapple, etc. I used Private Selection’s Peach and Mango)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Add BBQ Fruit Salsa Sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl and pour sauce over chicken, stirring until combined. Mix in cheddar cheese and cilantro.
3. Place 2-3 Tbsp. of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1-inch from the edges. Roll up tortillas and place seam down on a baking sheet, not touching one another.
4. Spray lightly with cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.