Better-Than-Takeout Baked Orange Chicken
Adapted from Dash of Sanity
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
3 egg whites, whisked
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup white vinegar
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp. Sriracha (more or less for heat preference)
1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. ginger
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Dip chicken breast into the cornstarch and completely coat. Shake off extra cornstarch, then dip into egg whites and then roll into the panko until fully coated and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is a light brown and crunchy.
4. While chicken is cooking make the orange sauce. In a large sauté pan add in all of the sauce ingredients, except for the cornstarch.
5. Over medium heat, whisk and cook sauce until it begins to boil. Once the sauce is boiling, whisk in the cornstarch and cook again until sauce boils and thickens. Set aside.
6. Once chicken is completely cooked, place the chicken in the sauté pan. Toss chicken in the sauce, making sure all of the pieces are covered. Serve over rice and enjoy!