I am a garlic bread lover through and through. I seriously cannot get enough of the stuff. What's not to love? Yummy, thick, crisp yet soft bread smothered with some glorious garlic butter? Come on people. And why have I never made my own simple spread before this? Who knows?
If I wanted to gain 30 pounds I would make this at every meal, but alas, I don't. This is so easy to put together and takes no time at all! You've got to try it!
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
1 fresh loaf French bread, cut in half
1/4 cup salted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, spices and Parmesan until combined.
3. Divide the butter mixture and spread generously onto each bread half.
4. Bake the garlic bread on a baking sheet butter side up for 10 to 15 minutes until the butter mixture melts.
5. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes if desired. Serve warm.