Coconut Crusted Chicken with Apricot-Mustard Sauce
Source: Seeded at the Table
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (optional)
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside. Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
3. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter, if desired.
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
5. To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
6. Serve chicken over rice and drizzle apricot sauce on top of each serving.