This is one of the best pizzas I have ever made and one of the prettiest, too. Oh and this is coming from a has been/maybe still am tomato hater. I don't know what it is about it, but the flavor combination of this pizza still has my mouth watering.
You'll be surprised to know that this pizza doesn't have an actual sauce, just a garlic oil base under a layer of 3 cheeses and garlicky tomatoes. It is so good that I made it twice in 2 weeks.
It's one of those beautiful things I never would have expected. Again, coming from a tomato hater.
Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza
Adapted from Oh Sweet Basil
1/4 cup olive oil
3-4 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I use the Sundried Tomato and Basil variety from Smith's)
1 tsp. dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Prepare pizza dough and spread into greased pizza pan.
3. Bake for 3 minutes to avoid a soggy crust.
4. Stir together olive oil, garlic and salt; toss with tomatoes. Let marinade for 15 minutes, but no longer than 20 minutes.
5. Brush pizza crust with tomato marinade.
6. Sprinkle pizza with mozzarella, parmesan and feta cheeses.
7. Place tomatoes on top of cheeses and sprinkle basil evenly on top.
8. Bake pizza for 15 minutes and enjoy!