I have honestly been on the lookout for a perfect homemade granola recipe for years and finally hit the jackpot with this one!
It really does smell like banana bread is baking in your oven and it tastes like it, too. The combination of cinnamon and banana, yes a whole banana, makes this granola unique and delicious.
Top it on some yogurt layered with strawberries and blueberries, or any berry of your choice, and you'll have yourself a perfect and healthy snack. Or just eat it plain like I have been the last few weeks because it's that good.
Banana Bread Granola
Adapted from The Novice Chef Blog
1 large overripe banana, mashed
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine banana, cinnamon, salt, butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup with a fork.
3. Fold in oats, stirring until well combined. (You'll want to make sure the liquids are evenly distributed.) Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheet. (The less clumps, the crunchier the granola will get.)
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
5. Allow to cool completely at room temperature. The granola will harden as it cools.
*Store in an airtight container for up to a week.