This is one of those recipes that I have been making for a few years now and can't believe I've never shared it before.
I am a fry girl through and through, but "fried" fries usually make me sick and well, aren't good for you.
This is my sure-fire way to indulge in some fries and not feel bad if I almost eat the entire pan, which is usually the case.
Anyway, be sure to use these as a side the next time you make a burger or grill some chicken and you'll have yourself the perfect "summer" meal. Also, don't forget to serve them with a side of fry sauce aka ketchup + mayo for those of you who live outside of Utah. ;)
Oven Baked Steak Fries
Source: Our Best Bites2 large russet potatoes, washed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix spices in a medium-sized bowl. Pour in olive oil and combine well.
3. Cut each potato into wedges/fries. (I usually get about 50-70 small fries out of each potato.)
4. Add potato wedges into seasoning/oil bowl and toss until coated.
5. Pour wedges into a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.