First off, I did not plan on making/didn't even really know about these cookies until a week ago. I needed to make some cookies for a party and planned on making some simple cake mix cookies, but later realized that what I thought was a cake mix in my pantry was a brownie mix.
March 25, 2014
March 7, 2014
So lately I've been thinking about the food blogs I enjoy reading the most and they're the ones that include a peak into their personal life. Not too personal, but enough to get to know the person behind the website I'm constantly looking at.
March 6, 2014
Ham and Cheese Puff Pancake
Slightly Adapted from Make and Takes
1/4 cup butter, for pan
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
4 large eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup diced ham
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. dried herbs (I sprinkled some of Trader Joes Garlic Salt grinder on and was not disappointed.)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, flour, eggs, and salt until smooth.
2. Set aside for 20-30 minutes while oven is preheating.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted and foaming. Remove pan from oven and tilt to cover the bottom entirely with the butter. Remove from oven and pour batter into the pan.
4. Quickly top with diced ham, shredded cheese and herbs.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until pancake is puffed up and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.