Creamy Tomato Parmesan Soup
It has so much flavor and pureeing the vegetables gives this soup the best texture. And can I just say I'm not usually one for tomato soups, but if you make it creamy, I'm there.
Slightly Adapted from Let's Dish
Yields: 6 servings
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrot
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
½ Tbsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 Tbsp. flour
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup half and half
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3. Whisk in broth and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
4. Stir in tomatoes and half and half.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables. (You can also puree all of the vegetables beforehand in a blender or food processor before cooking them.)
6. Add the Parmesan and heat through until cheese is melted.
7. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.