This was also our first time trying baked zucchini fries and we loved em! Baking is such a good, healthy way to eat your veggies. Don't forget to dip them in some ranch or marinara!
Grilled Lemon Chicken
Source: Chef in Training
4 medium lemons, cut into wedges
4 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. salt
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Gently squeeze lemons into a large Ziplock bag, leaving lemon wedges inside.
2. Add garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, basil and salt to Ziplock bag, close & shake.
3. Add chicken to Ziplock bag & turn to coat.
4. Seal bag & refrigerate for at least a ½ hour up to overnight.
5. Remove chicken and grill over medium heat until juices run clear.
Baked Zucchini Fries
Source: Our Best Bites
1 lb. zucchini
1/2 c. Italian-seasoned panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (the crumbly stuff, not shreds)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. Whisk 2 eggs together in a shallow pie plate and set aside.
4. Cut the ends off the zucchini and then cut the zucchini in half so you have two short, stubby pieces. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half, making 2 planks. Repeat with the remaining halves (so you’ll get 16 planks per zucchini).
5. Stack 2 planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Thicker strips will yield “meatier” fries with more zucchini flavor while thin strips will be crispy and taste virtually nothing like zucchini. When all the fries are cut, blot the pieces with a paper towel.
6. Working with a small handful at a time, dip the zucchini sticks in the egg, shake them to remove any excess, and then roll them in about 2-3 tablespoons of bread crumbs at a time, adding more as needed; (you just don’t want to work with all the bread crumbs at once because they’ll soak up moisture from the egg and won’t stick to the zucchini.) Place the coated strips on the prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the zucchini strips have been coated.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the prepared oven then remove from oven, flip the fries, and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the coating is crisp and golden brown.
8. Serve with ranch or marinara sauce.