Then not to long after I decided to try it, after tweaking the recipe a bit, and fell completely in love...
This is hands-down one of the BEST burgers I have every made. The fresh avocado topped onto a taco-infused burger with a creamy salsa verde sauce dripping over the entire thing. What's not to love? And can it get any better than having a few crushed tortilla chips in every bite? Gotta have the crunch factor right?
All I can really say is that I am totally going to make these again and AGAIN because they are that good.
You can't say that doesn't look delicious, no?
Fiesta-Style Burgers with Salsa Verde Cream
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
1 lb. ground beef
½ tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
½ Tbsp. paprika
½ Tbsp. chili powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 slices of cheddar cheese
1 avocado, sliced
crushed tortilla chips for topping
4 hamburger buns, toasted
1/4 cup salsa verde
½ cup sour cream
1. In a bowl, combine ground beef with salt and pepper, mixing to combine. Form beef into four equal patties.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine, cumin, paprika, chili, garlic and onion powders together and stir well to mix. Pick up each burger and using your hands, rub both sides and the edges of the burger with the spice rub, gently patting the spice in.
3. To cook, prepare the burger as you'd like - whether grilling it until your desired doneness or cooking it in a hot skillet for about 5 minutes per side. Add cheese on top 1-2 minutes before finished so it has time to melt.
4. Combine salsa verde and sour cream; set aside.
5. To serve, top each bottom bun with the burger then add avocado, salsa cream and crushed tortilla chips on top. Enjoy!