Makes 40 Cookies
For the Cookies
1 (15.25 oz.) box Cherry Chip cake mix (Betty Crocker)
1 (15.25 oz.) box Devil's Food cake mix (any brand)
2/3 cup oil, divided
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine Cherry Chip cake mix, 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs. Stir well with a spoon or spatula (however, your hands works best). Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 1-inch balls of dough and set on a piece of parchment paper. Cut each ball of dough in half and set aside.
3. Repeat Step 2 with Devil's Food cake mix, remaining oil and eggs.
4. To make each cookie, take 1 half of the Devil's Food cake mix dough and 1 half of the Cherry Chip cake mix dough, press together and roll into a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
5. Place each formed cherry/chocolate ball onto a baking sheet, 2 inches a part, and flatten them with the bottom of a flour-dipped glass.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden. (The cookies will look fluffy and not done, but they will shrink and crisp up once taken out of the oven.)
7. Let cool for 1 minute in the baking sheet and then place onto a cooling rack. Let cookies completely cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk, more if needed
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla extract, powdered sugar and milk, mixing until smooth. Add more milk if needed.