So apparently I have this thing with peanut sauce. I just can't get enough.
This is fine by me and my husband of course because it's his favorite thing.
I don't know if there is anything bad to say about this chicken because it has everything good in this world. And the rice? Perfect pairing. Need I say more?
Chicken Satay and Peanut Sauce with Coconut Rice
Source: Our Life in the Kitchen
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ginger, grated or minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Cut the chicken into chunks and place in a gallon-sized plastic bag.
For the marinade: Zest one lime and juice two. Mince the garlic and grate or mince the ginger. Combine the teriyaki sauce with the juice of two limes. Add the garlic, ginger, lime zest, brown sugar and sesame oil.
2. Pour marinade into the bag full of chicken. Squeeze out the excess air so that the chicken is well-coated. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
3. While the chicken is marinating, juice one lime. In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter coconut milk, sugar and lime juice. Add a generous dash of red pepper flakes and stir over low to medium heat until the peanut butter is melted. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Skewer the chicken and place on the grill.
5. Cook, turning about every 5 minutes, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
6. Serve over coconut rice and drizzle peanut sauce over the chicken.
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
Source: Our Best Bites
2 cups white rice
1 can coconut milk
2 cup water
1 tsp. Kosher salt
Splash of white vinegar
2-3 tsp. white sugar
Black pepper to taste
Combine rice, coconut milk, water, salt, vinegar, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Add black pepper and additional salt if desired.
*You can also make cook this in a rice cooker and it turns out fine.